The 5th session of the UN Committee of Experts on Public Administration
New York, 27-31 March 2006
CEPA sessions: 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th
Summary of Resolutions
The Economic and Social Council:
- Encourages Governments to create an environment that is supportive of change management, risk assessment and innovation so that they may provide better services to their citizens.
- Encourages Member States to strengthen citizen trust in government by fostering public participation in key processes of public policy development, public service delivery and public accountability.
- Requests the Secretariat to:
- Work with Governments with a view to assisting them to deepen the impact of the United Nations Public Service Awards by promoting and disseminating innovation in governance and public administration;
- Respond expeditiously to requests from Governments regarding the design, implementation and evaluation of participatory processes, including the dissemination of best practices of citizen participation;
- Continue to assist Member States in developing e-government tools to improve participation, transparency, accountability and service delivery and to increase sharing of information, products and resources throughout the United Nations Public Administration Network.