World Rural Telecoms Congress Africa 2014 (Conferences)
||May 20, 2014
||May 21, 2014
||Sandton Convention Centre, Johannesburg
||Innovation and investment in satellite communications for operators and end users.
Connectivity is the key to development and prosperity. In Africa, this means connecting rural as well as urban areas. This presents both opportunities and challenges for telcos, government and their partners. Telcos are looking for solutions to overcome the challenges of building out, investment and pay-back, quality of service and operations.
World Rural Telecoms Congress Africa is the only conference and exhibition and ideas exchange for telcos who are hungry for innovative solutions to develop their rural telecoms network infrastructure.
This is a platform for technology innovators and disruptors to showcase their solutions to key telcos and buyers
Why World Rural Telecoms Congress?
Telcos are shifting their focus from urban and voice-centric services, to rural mass-market and data services. This shift is providing long-term growth prospects. With billions in capex being spent, there are huge opportunities for providers of reliable, effective, efficient and fully integrated solutions.
This is the only event in Africa that addresses the specific challenges and opportunities of rural telecoms on the continent.
• How to meet the rising demand for connectivity in rural Africa
• How to stay competitive with free-to-air satellite
• How will Africa shape its satellite markets in the years to come?
• How to promote universal access to information and communications technology in rural communities
• How India is closing the digital divide
• How to budget for rural connectivity maintenance and development