The Government Exhibition Overview - Celebrating 20 Years of Democracy in Government (Conferences)
||Apr 10, 2014
||Apr 10, 2014
||Diepkloof Multipurpose Centre
This letter refers to hosting of Government Exhibition which includes ALL the departments within government, their agencies, partners and all parastatals.
As we celebrate 20 years in government, the expo came at the right time to give the public sector the opportunity to inform and educate the people of Gauteng about the:
- Success stories achieved over the years
- Development gained
- Jobs created
- Proudly South African products
- Opportunities given to the people of the country.
- And priority of skills development in our society.
This is the good platform to indirectly campaigned and re-assured Gauteng residents why this government should vote them back in power again and continue to impact them positively and to improve their livelihood.
- Although most departments of government are well known, however a deeper and clear operation in-line with the needs of the ordinary person is needed, unpacking their services, their contribution to the communities, their CSIR department strategies , their accessibility and their mandate to the people. Government is built for people by the people, it is therefore very important that ALL the departments that exist within government are known by the people, hence the hosting of these magnificent event.
We are preparing for at least 50 or more departments to exhibit. Each department has a unique set of services and functions which are in line with service delivery and or tie with social and local economic development. They are given an opportunity to:
- Display this services to the public at large
- Promote the department / awareness of its functions
- Unpack the opportunities within the department for SMMEs
- Database registration process for procurement purpose
- CSIR budget and contribution to the community
- Network directly with public to collect data on their performance as a department and attend to critical issues.
- Address the public and give clear directions on specific matters raised by them.
- Outline some of the programs aimed at: Woman empowerment, Youth Development, People leaving with Disabilities, gender inequalities etc.
- The DO’s and DON”T’s in doing business with government
- Opportunities available for: Job seekers, Entrepreneurs, internships and learner ships.
- Who are the department’s partnerships ie big businesses and how can SMMEs partner with them.
- Address issues that have direct and indirect impact in their lives.
- Some departments are not known to majority of people. The expo will provide visibility, accessibility, interaction and business partnerships.
- It will provide entrepreneurs with more business opportunities with various government structures
- They will have direct access information to procurement processes of the department.
- Promulgate and inspire Youth entrepreneurship in the province.
- Know the DO’s and DON”T’s in doing business with government
- It will promote tourism in the province and facelift SOWETO township
- Access to OTHER funding departments for SMME
- Establish access point through existing portals for ALL government information and cascade it to townships that have little information about government operations and functions.
- Active participation in government programs and a meaningful contribution through various initiatives that has job opportunity strategies.
Therefore the expo should be seen as means to bring Government to the people, re-visit Batho Pele Principle and capitalise on the notion that says “Government works because of YOU”.
Please avail your department for this event and lets continue to show the public that we have best interest at heart and that you are available, accessible and you committed to addressing service delivery in any platform that avail itself.
We aim to empower local businesses by providing necessary information that will help them pursue business relationship with government. Encourage co-operatives and sustainable entrepreneurial communities.
Therefore let us together use this platform and the opportunity set thereof and increase business network and partnerships that will result in development of community initiatives leading to job creation and empowerment.
Hope and trust that the above information is in-line with your outreach strategy and policy to continue inform the community on government operation and to create transparency at all times.
||IKAGENG Skills Development Agency (ISDA)