Mobile Broadband for Development @ CTO Forum (Conferences)
||Oct 22, 2012
||Oct 24, 2012
||Port Louis, Mauritius
||A Call for Proposals
The Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation (CTO) Forum preceding the annual CTO Council meeting will mark a decade this year when it opens on October 22 in Port Louis, Mauritius under the patronage of the Mauritian Ministry of Information and Communication Technology and hosted by the regulator, Information and Communication Technology Authority.
Proposals are invited for sub-themes, speakers, case studies, demonstrations and exhibits for the two-day conference under the rubric of “Mobile Broadband for Development.” The focus of the conference is on the following:
On Wednesday, October 24, AfriNIC will host a half-day workshop geared to policy-makers, regulators and other senior stakeholders on IPversion 6. This non-technical workshop is intended to conscientise senior decision-makers to the importance of IPv6 for the future and for the scaleability of the Internet. AfriNIC will also address the importance of internet resource numbers for mobile broadband as part of the conference programme.
- National Broadband Strategies
- Spectrum-Harmonisation and Infrastructure-Sharing
- Business Economics and Financing Broadband Roll-out
- Network Technologies and Spectrum-Friendly Handsets
- M-Content, Applications and Cloud Platforms
The CTO Forum is a constitutionally-mandated event of the CTO focussing on capacity-building to create enabling policy and regulatory frameworks, leveraging broadband for governance and commerce and identifying business opportunities.
Recent CTO Forum and Council meetings have been held in
- September 2011 in Port of Spain, inaugurated by Hon Mrs Kamla Persad-Bisssessar, Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago;
- in September 2010 in Colombo, inaugurated by His Excellency Mahinda Rajapakse, President of Sri Lanka and
- in Suva in September 2009, inaugurated by His Excellency Commodore Voreqe Bainimarama, Prime Minister of Fiji.
Deputy Manager, Events
Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation
+44 208 600-3809
Super-early bird registration has already opened for the three-day conference and workshop and will save you £200 over the standard delegate fee. To facilitate registration and to discover sponsorship opportunities, please contact: