Capacity Building Training Workshop for CSOs
||Nov 25, 2013
||Nov 26, 2013
||Central Johannesburg College, Johannesburg
||Healthchek International (Healthchek) is a nonprofit organisation that works to deliver health promotion programmes in urban and rural communities based on research.
Healthchek International is conducting a two-day workshop on 'Capacity Building' from 25 - 26 November 2013 in Johannesburg.
The programme conducts accredited training with providers and Government institution to capacitate beneficiaries, both community members and volunteers, Healthchek conducts workshops and seminars for beneficiaries, state institution and international organisation as part of Advocating change in development programme implementation.
Healthchek seek to capacitate community-based organisations (CBO) and non-governmental organisation (NGO) within the City of Johannesburg, and organisation that are registered with the City of Johannesburg (COJ), social development units, and the Department of Social Development (DSD), with a key focus on their operation and regulatory requirements.
The aim of the workshop is to build capacity of CBO / NGO’s administrators, directors and planners in the following areas:
• How NGO / CBO can use strategic planning (the balance score card approach) to grow and sustain the organisation;
• How NGO / CBO can meet their funding challenges both from the private sector and the Government sector;
• How NGO / CBO’s can assess and address the development challenges of their target beneficiaries.
Workshop Benefit to Administrators, directors and planners of NGO / CBO programmes;
• Help building stronger institution and growth plan;
• Gain an understanding in addressing their key developmental challenges;
• Gain skills in managing and raising fund strategically for the CBO / NGO;
• Support the NPO / NGO / CBO in addressing regulatory compliance.
All interested NGO / CBO are to register for R350 per person for two days. The money will be used to recover costs of hiring the venue and refreshments.
Closing date for registration is: 15 November 2013
Note: The workshop can only accommodate a maximum of three people per organisation. The full programme will be emailed a week before the workshop day.
For more information, contact Healthchek, Tel: 011 331 6569.
For more about Healthchek International, refer to www.healthchek.co.za