| Add to Calendar
9th Civil Society Forum
||Aug 12, 2013
||Aug 14, 2013
||The Regional Apex Alliance partners consisting of the Fellowship of Christian Councils in Southern Africa (FOCCISA); Southern Africa Trade Unions Coordinating Council (SATUCC) and SADC Council of Non-Governmental Organisations (SADC-CNGO), is hosting the 9th Civil Society Forum (CSF) from 12-14 August 2013 in Lilongwe, Malawi.
The Civil society Forum is an annual event that brings together various stakeholders with similar interests of evolving the regional integration agenda from various perspectives ranging from socio-economic reform, to political and environmental reform. The event creates a bridge between the official and governmental regional leadership and civil society. At the same time it is a space for civil society to:
• Analyse, reflect and dialogue on the critical issues facing the region;
• Contribute to and create synergy with the agenda of SADC;
• Impact on the Summit of Heads of State and Governments; and
• Plan and develop independent actions and priorities for regional civil society for the coming year, including identifying key campaigns, movement building and areas of collaboration.
The CSF has been held since 2005 under different themes relevant to the emerging issues and related challenges experienced and/or are under consideration by SADC during the year. The forthcoming Civil Society Forum theme will be ‘Acting Together Ensuring Accountability’. The theme will be underpinned by the following broad thematic areas.
Accountable Regional Governance of SADC:
• Establishment of Regional Parliament;
• Establishment of Regional Court;
• Transformation of SADC Secretariat to Regional Authority; and
• Functional and effective SADC national committees.
Defining the Integrated Regional Development Framework:
• Financing for Development;
• Sustainable Livelihoods;
• Sustainable Employment and Job Creation; and
• Investing in Quality Social Infrastructure & Human Development.
Accelerating Accountability Regionally, National & Within Civil Society:
• Shared & Common SADC Vision 2050 - Values & Frameworks;
• SIPO II Implementation and Integration;
• Building accountable Civil Society Organisations & Social Movements;
• Protocol tracking; and
• Electoral Processes and Democratisation.
• AIDS and HIV challenge to Regional Integration; and
• Gender and Equality.
Interested stakeholders are therefore urged to consider and identify areas of interest to begin preparations for the upcoming forum. Calls for the conference papers and the conference programme will be circulated in due course.
To participate, contact Rose Orapeleng, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Jeannie Olesitse, E-mail: email@example.com by 10 July 2013.
Enquiries: Adane Ghebremeskel, Tel: +267 391 2982, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more about the SADC Council of Non-Governmental Organisations, refer to www.sadc-cngo.org.bw.
||The Regional Apex Alliance Partners