Facilitation Skills for Participatory Development Training
||May 22, 2013
||May 24, 2013
||Southern Hemisphere is conducting a training course on Facilitation Skills for Participatory Development from 22-24 May 2013 in Cape Town.
This 3-day accredited course is to provide dynamic training in basic facilitation skills. The aim of the course is to equip people who are working with any form of group to be able to facilitate the group process effectively and ensure that a balance is kept between process and outcomes. The course will provide a space for a wide range of professionals to learn from each other by sharing knowledge and experiences.
The training course will be run in a workshop style with a high degree of participant involvement. Group work and role plays will be interspersed with input sessions. Adult learning methodologies will be employed and participants will not be passive. Debate and discussion will be encouraged. The trainers are expert facilitators, and while they will be sharing their own experiences of facilitation with you, they do not pretend to have all the answers. While learning the key facilitation skills, we will employ exciting methodologies that you will also be able to use when facilitating.
Having completed the course the participant will have:
• Knowledge of how to work with groups;
• Increased confidence to facilitate groups;
• Improved communication skills;
• A range of practical facilitation tools;
• An improved understanding of yourself, particularly in the group context and as a group facilitator;
• Ability to deal with conflict and difficult behaviours;
• Understanding of the group process and dynamics;
• Understanding of the process of group decision-making;
• Be able to design your own facilitation processes;
• Select appropriate methodologies for achieving desired outcomes.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for people who are currently facilitating or who would like to enter the facilitation field, but do not believe that they have enough training or background information.
Ideally participants should be anyone who has to facilitate group work in any field such as:
• Organisational development practitioners;
• Development practitioners facilitating community groups;
• Strategic planners;
• Public participation practitioners;
• Participatory researchers;
• Municipal workers who interact with communities;
Cost of the course:
• R5 000 plus VAT
• Further 10% discount for 3 or more persons from one organisation;
• Costs exclude accommodation and travel which are to be organised by the participants;
• Optional accreditation for Facilitation Skills course: R2 000 plus VAT.
For more information contact:
PO Box 3260, Cape Town, 8000, South Africa
Tel: +27 21 422 0205/06
Fax: +27 21 424 7965