||Three Key Conferences in Africa by the Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation: Digital Switchover, e-Governance and Cybersecurity
The Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation is holding three conferences in Africa in early 2013 that will examine key issues impacting on ICT propagation that aims to inform stakeholders, build their capacity and facilitate multi-stakeholder partnerships.
Aimed at preparing stakeholders to ensure safety, security and resilience in ICT channels so that the Cyberspace could fulfil its potential as a channel for innovation and development while preserving freedom and liberty. This conference is due to benefit from inputs by key stakeholders such as ITU, Foreign and Commonwealth Office of the UK, ICANN and Microsoft. Attended by ministers, permanent secretaries, regulatory heads and parliamentarians coupled with operators, technology providers and content producers, the Cybersecurity Forum is shaping up to be a watershed in the global Cybersecurity agenda.
The picturesque Yaoundé Conference Centre overlooking the city provides an ideal setting for the conference which will have a number of breakout sessions for special interest groups along with a large exhibition area earmarked for an exhibition where delegates will gain firsthand experience in Cybersecurity technologies.
Key topics to be discussed will include:
- Critical Information Infrastructure Protection: Customising global standards to national contexts
- Safe surfing for the young: Child Online Protection, a joint programme by the ITU and the CTO
- implemented in, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, Mauritius, Nigeria and Sierra Leone
- Ensuring security while preserving privacy: Conflict between national security interests and individual’s
- Implications of online identity theft: From financial loss to emotional trauma
- Building norms of behaviour: Through multi-stakeholder partnerships across borders
Please Click here to Register
For more information about the events mentioned above, please contact:
+44 208 600 3805
About Commonwealth Telecommunication Organisation
With a history dating back to 1901, the Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation is the oldest and largest Commonwealth organisation in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs), and uses its experience and expertise to support members in using ICTs to deliver effective development interventions that emancipate, enrich, equalise and empower all peoples within the Commonwealth and beyond.
For more information about the CTO, please visit www.cto.int