AAPAM is an international professional organization for those who practice, teach, conduct research and offer advisory services in administration and management in both the public and private sectors, mainly but not exclusively, in Africa. It was founded by Heads of Public Service of African Governments.
The objective of the Association is to promote best practices and professionalism with the aim of strengthening the administrative and management capacities among African administrators, managers and scholars.
Membership includes African Governments, Institutions and Individual members who comprises of Cabinet Ministers; Heads of Public/Civil Service; Secretaries to the Cabinet; Permanent/ Principal Secretaries; Chairpersons and Commissioners of Public Service Commission’s; Heads of Management Development Institutes; Development Partners; Universities; Representatives of Statutory Institutions; Scholars and Researchers; and other high ranking Government officials.
AAPAM undertakes a number of activities in order to build capacity in African public service which includes:
1. Research- Research is conducted on selected relevant topics; AAPAM recently conducted a Survey aimed at identifying the needs and value drivers of the African public sector. See full report on AAPAM website
2. Publications- Our publications include; African Journal of Public Administration and Management (AJPAM), Newsletter, Conference Reports, Research Monographs and Books.
3. Africa Public Sector Awards Programme- AAPAM Award for Innovative Management is presented every year during the Annual Roundtable Conference. This year AAPAM will present the Gold Medal Award in recognition of outstanding contributions made in the field of Public Administration.
4. AAPAM Networks- AAPAM appreciates the many facets of administration and management thus established networks:
• AAPAM Young Professionals network
• Africa Public Sector Human Resource Managers Network (APS-HRMnet).
5. Training Seminars/ Workshops- Skills development, capacity building Workshops form part of AAPAM’s drive towards development.
6. Conferences- AAPAM organizes Annual Roundtable Conferences, covering themes critical to public sector and Africa’s development.
AAPAM together with the Ministry of Public Service and Labour, Republic of Rwanda
invites you to the African Regional Conference.
Date: 20th- 22nd May 2013
Venue: Lemigo Hotel Kigali, Rwanda
Theme: Africa in Post-Crisis Global Economy: The Role of Public Administration in Africa’s Transformation.
The Conference will be attended by; Top Government Officials, Reputable Private Sector Practitioners, celebrated scholars, various administrators and managers, young professionals, civil society leaders, international organization leaders, business partners and many more.
Purpose to attend this learning and networking forum.
Key speakers include:
· Right Hon. Pierre Habumuremyi - Prime Minister The Republic Of Rwanda
· Dr. Abdulhamid Mzee- Chief Secretary, Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar.
· Hon. Anastase Murekezi- Minister of Public Service and Labour Republic of Rwanda
· Gabriel Negatu- Regional Director Africa Development Bank
· Thomas Scott - Chief Economist, Development Bank of Southern Africa
· Mr.Abdon Agaw Jok Nhial - AAPAM President
Delegates from Host Country (Rwanda)
Accompanying persons (Security detail)
African Regional Conference
Message from the President AAPAM
On behalf of the AAPAM fraternity I take this opportunity to welcome you to Kigali, Rwanda for our 2013 African Regional Conference. The Rwanda Regional conference marks a journey not only for AAPAM but also for Africa; this regional conference will offer governments, scholars, managers, administrators and leaders an opportunity to strategize a future beyond the post-global economic crisis. No fortified economy can be built without sound managers and administrators, who are able to innovatively direct the economic agenda in addition to being ahead of the changing global times. Imperatively, the continent leaders should embrace research, knowledge sharing and close collaboration to fortify its transformation. We therefore offer this opportunity to the continent’s administrators and managers to map out their position in this economically dynamic era.
The forum is a critical event for policy makers, implementers and consumers to delve deeper on Africa’s position and forge a common front towards a more economically aggressive continent. It is equally a unique mentorship chance for the continent’s upcoming leaders to contribute to Africa’s leadership agenda. The conference is designed to encourage academic discussions, social interactions and networking among the participants from all walks of life.
Come! Let us share together as we propel Africa’s management and administration to greater heights.
Mr.Abdon Agaw JokNhial
Message from the Minister of Labour, Republic of Rwanda
It is a great honour to welcome you all to Kigali, Rwanda and to the African Regional conference. The government of the Republic of Rwanda appreciates the privilege accorded to us to host the prestigious African Regional Conference. The conference is one of the many more activities we plan to hold in order to propel Africa’s development agenda. This networking and learning platform is designed to provide an avenue for the nations to learn, share and experience international leadership expertise. Speakers, who include, world class leaders, practitioners and scholars will focus on skills, knowledge sharing and information imparting.
When international markets are unsteady, Governements are forced to cut down budgets which leads to masses losing jobs, no particular state is spared the negative impacts. Though Rwanda is one of the continents fastest growing economies, like many other African countries, was not spared the effects of economic depression.
It is therefore for this reason that our focus must now be on how leaders can tap the international research, experiences, knowledge and incorporate them to their own national operations. African leaders must learn to adopt modern and advanced skills acquired through forums like this conference.
Africa’s population need stable economic, social and physical environment achievable only though visionary leadership. Our citizens anticipate decisions and actions that will elevate their everyday lives to a better status; such decisions begin sometimes as far as in the international arena. Therefore, join us in this conference to map out our future.
While here, we urge you to enjoy our attractive tourist sites.
Hon. Anastase Murekezi
Minister of Public Service and Labour
For more information visit the AAPAM website: www.aapam.org
UN Avenue, Magnolia Close, 132 Fuchsia, Gigiri
P.O. Box 48677 00100 GPO
Tel: +254- 20- 2629650/ +254- 712366787
(Facebook) AAPAM -African Association for Public Administration and Management