The Workshop on “Innovation and e-Governance for Sustainable Development”, which will be held on June 24 and 25, is organized by the e-Government Branch of the Division for Public Administration and Development Management, UNDESA in collaboration with its project office “United Nations Project Office on Governance (UNPOG) located in the Republic of Korea. The E-Government Branch (EGB) supports Member States in developing and least developed countries, including Small Island Developing States (SIDS) to build capacity in the area of innovation, e/m-governance and transformational government to promote economic, social and environmental development, in line with the overall mandate of UNDESA and the DPADM’s mission.
The overall objective of the workshop is to support - through sharing and transfer of knowledge and expertise - developing and least developed countries to build capacity in the area of e-governance for sustainable development. The workshop aims at uncovering emerging trends, policies and strategies, practices and lessons learned related to e-government development and service delivery.
The event is expected to achieve the following goals:
• Provide recommendations and suggestions to be presented during the Ministerial Round Table and concrete guidance to Member States in the area of e-governance for sustainable development; and,
• Enhance knowledge of e-government policies, strategies and trends, best practices and tools in the area of e-Government, which will be shared with the Member States through the United Nations Public Administration Network (UNPAN) and United Nations Public Administration Country Studies (UNPACS);
• Document and disseminate knowledge emanating from the workshop in a final report.
• Facilitate peer-to-peer transfer of knowledge by connecting governments who have innovated with those who are looking for innovative solutions to their governance challenges, and enhance the global CIO network to further exchange ideas and promote international cooperation for e-Government development;
• Promote a global exchange platform in the area of innovation and e-government for sustainable development for Small Island Developing States (SIDS); and
• Lead to concrete proposals for the development of manuals, guidelines and other tools on how to promote innovation in e-governance for sustainable development.
For more information on the workshop, please go to: www.unpsa.org