The National College of Public Administration and Governance (NCPAG), University of the Philippines (UP) is organizing the 2017 NCPAG International Conference on “Public Administration in Changing Times: New Norms and Sustainable Reforms” on 22-25 August 2017 in Manila, Philippines. This is also in celebration of the College’s 65th Anniversary in June 2017. The NCPAG is the premier center of excellence in Public Administration education, research and public service in the Philippines and the region.
The Conference aims to bring together scholars, researchers, and practitioners of Public Administration (PA) and other related fields in a collective analysis of new norms and sustainable reforms that challenge the performance of governments, public institutions and their governance partners all over the world. It also aims to foster the exchange of ideas about the future of governing and governance in changing times.
Specifically, it aims to:
Document the wealth of knowledge, experiences, and practices related to new norms and sustainable reforms in Public Administration.
Generate research on theories and practices of public administration and governance from new normal perspectives.
Engender a more inclusive design and implementation of policies, programs and other initiatives that will address the long overdue societal problems of poverty, corruption, climate change and underdevelopment.
Strengthen partnerships among PA scholars and practitioners to create a stronger voice in the pursuit of a more responsive and accountable public administration.
The 2017 NCPAG International Conference invites researchers, scholars and practitioners, and all interested stakeholders to share their researches on public policies, new norms in public administration, and sustainable development reforms.
- Paper presenters should submit papers that are relevant to the themes and sub-themes of the conference.
- All papers should be written and presented in English.
- Paper presenters should first submit a 200-word abstract before they can be invited to submit their full paper. A biographical sketch of not more than 100 words should accompany the abstract.
- Paper presenters notified by the Organizing Committee to submit their full paper and PowerPoint presentations should do so on or before the given deadlines. The paper should be from 6,000 to 8,000 words long, inclusive of notes and references, and should be typed double-spaced on A4-sized paper using the Times New Roman font, sized 12 pt. If necessary, the paper should include figures, graphs and tables.
- Papers should be organized according to the following sequence: title of paper, name of author/s, abstract, main text, references and appendices (if needed).
- Papers should also include a cover page with the following information: title of paper, sub-theme, institution or agency, country and contact information, as well as logistical support needed (e.g. additional computer unit, laser pointer, etc.).
- References and citation should follow the APA style. Please visit http://www.apastyle.org for more information on the APA citation format.
- Each paper presenter is allowed a maximum of 15 minutes for presentation and five (5) minutes for answering questions from the audience.
- The Philippine Journal of Public Administration will consider quality papers for possible publication. Paper presenters who wish to have their papers considered for publication in the journal must adhere to the journal style guidelines set forth by the PJPA Editorial Board. Please visit the page: www.ncpag.upd.edu.ph to know more about PJPA.
- Abstracts, papers and PowerPoint presentations should be submitted to https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ncpag65 and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New norms in governance
- social accountability
- citizen engagements
- healthy competition
- global citizenship
- open data
- Quality of institutions and services
- quality of governments
- rule of law
- new regulations
- modes of service provision
- Sustainable development reforms
- sustainable environment
- sustainable cities
- resilient societies
- climate change
- financing sustainable reforms
- economic integration
- sustainable development goals (SDGs)
- disaster risk reduction
- Not leaving anyone behind
- social protection
- inclusion and representation of the marginalized
- human rights governance
- anti-discrimination and greater leverage
- social enterprise
- New Challenges, trends and solutions: The Future of Governance
- constitutional and political change
- public-private partnerships
- peace and diplomacy
- transnational crimes
- integration and disintegration
The Conference will publish a peer-reviewed book that puts together selected quality papers. Also, selected meritorious papers will be published in the 2017 issues of the Philippine Journal of Public Administration, the oldest and most reputable peer-reviewed journal in the discipline of PA in the Philippines.
The Conference will be held at the Marco Polo Ortigas hotel, Pasig City, Manila, Philippines. It is a five-star business hotel strategically located in the Ortigas Commercial Business District.
For registration inquiries, please contact:
2017 NCPAG International Conference Organizing Committee and Secretariat
NCPAG Building, R.P. de Guzman Street,
University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City 1101
Tel. Nos.: (+632) 928 3861, 928 5411, 926 1432, 981 8500 local 4152
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also check the conference website at http://ncpag.up.edu.ph/conference.