Community Facilitation Programme
||Feb 24, 2014
||Feb 28, 2014
||Siyakhula Training Venue-Randburg (Siyakhula Training Venue)
||We are pleased to announce that we will be presenting our popular and practical Community Facilitation Programme in Randburg, Johannesburg.
The aim of the programme is:
To provide community development workers with information and skills which will enable them to effectively facilitate and support community projects.
LED Officers, Liaison Officers, Extension Officers, Social workers, Field Workers, Mayors, Speakers, Councillors, Health Workers, Care Givers, Sport Workers Community Development Workers and Officers in national, provincial and municipal spheres of Government, NPOs and CBOs
This practical programme addresses the following areas:
• Overview of Community Development;
• Key players in Community Development;
• Principles underpinning community development;
• Categories of development;
• Community participation in development;
• Forming and developing project groups;
• Roles and responsibilities of a community committee;
• Guidelines to working with groups;
• Planning and conducting community meetings;
• Community development projects;
• The role of community facilitator;
• The characteristics of a good project and why some projects fail;
• Batho Pele - Practical skills for community facilitators;
• Dealing with people.
This programme is accredited by the LGSETA and has been aligned to the following Unit Standards.
• 12352 Demonstrate knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of a community committee - Level 2 and 4 Credits;
• 12353 Facilitate participatory community development processes - Level 4 and 12 Credits;
• 14043 Plan and conduct community meetings - Level 4 and 4 Credits.
The Cost for this Programme is: R4 582 (Inc VAT) (NGO rate)
Please note this fee only applies to NGOs, Corporate Companies and Government department will have to pay the full amount of R7 000 (Inc VAT)
• 5 days facilitation;
• Assessment and moderation of POEs;
• Remedial advice;
• Uploading of results to LGSETA;
• Issuing of competent certificates;
• Lunch + Refreshments.
Book Now, Limited Seats Available
This course can be held exclusively as an in-house option for your organisation.
To reserve your place and to obtain more information, do not hesitate to contact:
Tel: 011 886 2647
Fax: 011 789 1269