Foundation for Human Rights Provincial Workshops
||Dec 09, 2013
||Feb 24, 2014
||Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal and Western Cape
||The Foundation for Human Rights (FHR) in partnership with the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development (DOJ&CD) is conducting provincial workshops from 9 December 2013 to 24 February 2014 in Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal and Western Cape.
• KwaZulu-Natal, Limpopo, Mpumalanga and Eastern Cape: 9 December 2013, Durban.
• Western Cape, Free State and Northern Cape: 29 January 2014, Cape Town.
• Gauteng and North West: 24 February 2014, Johannesburg.
Provincial workshops for Western Cape, Free State and Northern Cape will be held in Cape Town and for Gauteng and North West will be held in Johannesburg.
The workshops aims to achieve the following objectives:
• Increase representativity on the national task team (NTT) on gender and sexual orientation-based violence perpetrated against LGBTI persons;
• Buil solidarity and networking with other sectors to address violence against LGBTI persons;
• Understand local dynamics of violence against LGBTI persons; and
• Progress report on cases and rapid response mechanism to violence against LGBTI persons.
The first meeting which will take place on 9 December 2013, in Durban will be for the provinces of KwaZulu-Natal, Limpopo, Mpumalanga and Eastern Cape.
• Date: 9 December 2013
• Venue: Garden Court Marine Parade, Durban.
• Time: 9h00 -16h30
If you are an LGBTI grouping and would like to attend any of the provincial workshops, contact: Sthembile Zuma, E-mail: email@example.com / Nkele Mphela, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,Tel: 011 339 5560.
For more about the Foundation for Human Rights, refer to www.fhr.org.za.
||Foundation for Human Rights