By accessing UNPAN you are agreeing to abide by all of the following terms and conditions for your use of UNPAN.
1. General. This User Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions of the on-line license for you to use UNPAN. By using UNPAN, you consent and agree to comply with all of the terms and conditions of this User Agreement.
3. Equipment. You are solely responsible for obtaining and maintaining any telephone, computer hardware and software, modems, telecommunications connections, and/or other equipment and/or services that are or may be needed for access to and use of UNPAN, and for all costs associated therewith.
4. Privacy. UNPAN contains copyrighted material and/or other proprietary information. The materials contained on or otherwise made available to you through UNPAN may be copyrighted by UNDESA or third parties and, thus, are protected by copyright laws and regulations worldwide. Except as may otherwise be expressly permitted by applicable law, any copying, redistribution, publication, or commercial exploitation of any material contained on or otherwise made available to you through UNPAN is strictly prohibited without the prior written permission of UNDESA. Any requests for permission to reproduce or otherwise use any material contained on or otherwise made available to you through UNPAN should be directed to:
Ms. Haiyan Qian
Division for Public Economics and Public Administration
Department of Economic and Social Affairs
One UN Plaza-Room DC2-1714
New York, NY 10017
Without limiting, derogating from or otherwise affecting the validity of the foregoing, you may not alter or remove any copyright symbol or other identification or any information concerning authorship of any of the materials contained on or otherwise made available to you through UNPAN.
The provisions of this User Agreement shall inure to the benefit of UNDESA and its third-party content providers and licensors.
5. Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL USE OF UNPAN IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER UNDESA, ITS OFFICIALS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, NOR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO AND USE OF UNPAN WILL BE FREE FROM INTERRUPTIONS OR FREE FROM ERRORS: NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF UNPAN OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED THROUGH UNPAN.
YOU FURTHER EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT INFORMATION, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND HYPERLINKS PROVIDED TO YOU THROUGH UNPAN AND LOCATED ON OTHER SITES THROUGHOUT THE COMBINED GLOBAL ELECTRONIC NETWORKS KNOWN AS THE INTERNET AND THE WORLD-WIDE-WEB ARE PROVIDED SOLELY AS A RESOURCE AND A CONVENIENCE TO YOU. SUCH HYPERLINKS TO OTHER SITES ARE NOT AN ENDORSEMENT BY UNDESA OF THOSE SITES. UNDESA MAKES NO WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CONTENT OF SUCH INFORMATION, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND HYPERLINKS. UNDESA HAS NOT TESTED ANY SOFTWARE LOCATED ON OTHER SITES AND DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS AS TO THE QUALITY, SAFETY, RELIABILITY OR SUITABILITY OF SUCH SOFTWARE.
UNPAN IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL UNDESA BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, UNPAN, EVEN IF UNDESA WAS PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM BY YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON.
You acknowledge and agree that the delivery system used for UNPAN, i.e., the Internet and the World Wide Web, are unpredictable and may, from time to time, impede access to UNPAN. You acknowledge and agree that UNDESA is in no way responsible to you in any way whatsoever for any interference with your use of or access to UNPAN and you expressly waive and forever discharge and release any and all claims against UNDESA in connection therewith.
6. Indemnification. By using UNPAN, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless UNDESA, its officials, employees, and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of UNPAN.
7. Disputes. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising under or pursuant to this User Agreement shall be settled by an agreed mode of dispute resolution, including but not limited to, arbitration, which shall be the exclusive mode of resolving disputes hereunder. Nothing contained in or related to this User Agreement shall be deemed a waiver, express or implied, of the privileges and immunities of the United Nations, including UNDESA.