The Government for Citizen (G4C) civic service innovation system, an integrated Internet portal site (www.egov.go.kr), has been promoted by the Ministry of Government Administration and Home Affairs. The system has been designed to:
• Serve as the foundation for various e-government services such as a digital form management system, a digital signature authentication service, an online payment system and a digital document issuing system, and
• Achieve maximum convenience for civic service applicants by handling their entire processes online (including an information search service, online application for the civic service, and viewing and issuance of certificates or documents) and by minimizing the number of documents that applicants are required to submit for their civic service requests by having different government offices share information online.
The system offers the following key services:
• A single service window (www.egov.go.kr) that provides information on all government offices, which are linked together into an integrated Internet portal site that represents the government;
• Information on over 4,000 civic services handled by government offices, including the handling agency’s name, processes, fees, documents required, and applicable legal provisions, through the unified e-government portal site; and
• Handling of over 410 types of civic service requests directly on the unified Internet portal site irrespective of whether citizens will receive the requested documents by postal service, directly on the Internet, or through their local government office as designated by them.